Monday, February 21, 2011

Battling in PennyAuction.com.my

Do not ask me why as I also do not know why I did this. I normally will be more particular when during with my money. But, somehow, somewhat, I'd spend RM160 to buy 100 bids in PennyAuction.com.my to bid for Apple products.

I already plan to get an iPad 2 and iPod Nano, so what i was doing in this website was hunting for iPod touch. At first, I'm still trying to get an iPod touch 64G, but after bidding for 2-3 bids, I felt it was not right, if I won the bid at RM30, I still need to pay RM30 for the product, RM18 delivery cost and few hundreds ringgit I spend just to get the RM30 bid.

I'd stop bidding immediately and wanted to quit from the website, but, I still have 90++ bids on hand. So, I go read back the term and condition and try to understand more about the bidding. In the end, I'm going for zero price item which you do not need to pay for the product cost. In the T&C, it stated that if the product you won is cost more than the original price, they will refund you 50% off the price.

Now, I'm aiming on iPod shuffle which was on bid that day and start bidding on it. I bet that no one will try to get an item more expensive than the cost. After battling for a day (morning until evening, monitoring the status from time to time) , I won the bidding for iPod shuffle. As I'm afraid it is a scam, because I read from forum, some of the winner did not get their item, I try to bid another zero price item which is less attraction which is Jabra BT3030 and I manage to outbid the rest to win the bet.





A whole day I spend in front of the side, what I won was an iPod shuffle and a Jabra BT3030 Bluetooth headset. It was not a losing battle, just that I was not getting what I plan to get. I manage to get both item at the price around RM34 which is cheap. However, I'd spend my RM160 on that website today, so each item cost me around RM80 each. Still, they are cheaper compare to the original price. Actually, I can won another bid by using the left over 40++ bids, but I want to stop myself from going deeper into the 'Trap'. So, I try my luck bidding for iPod Touch 32G and the result is nothing.

After waiting for 2 weeks, I manage to received my Jabra BT 3030 Bluetooth headset. What I'm waiting now is my iPod shuffle, I'd asked the support team of that website, they told me that they are waiting the supplier to deliver the item to them before they can mail me that item.

It was a good experience telling me that human may have miscalculation. If I was given a chance again, I would rather pay the real amount for the things I want. It will give you some sleepless night and thinking whether it is a scam. I encouraging others NOT TO GO for it unless you are planning to sell those item and not for own use which you can bid for item that you do not want at lower cost.

So, now just sit back and stay tune for my iPod Shuffle.......


2 weeks of waiting and here come my winning bid

The functionalities seem not bad, what caught my eyes was it able to connect to 2 device at the same time
(Will try it out when it is fully charge)

The box design was attracting

Everything in a box

The Jabra Bluetooth Headset BT3030

No comments:

Post a Comment